A TRAVEL AND LIFESTYLE BLOG

Sunday, October 01, 2017

A Boutique Stay at Leon's Place in Rome

After sightseeing all day in Rome, the thing I looked forward to the most was being able to come back to a heavenly hotel. Finding the perfect hotel in Rome which doesn't break the bank can be somewhat difficult, but I'm so glad I stayed at this gem of a hotel, Leon's Place.

The Location

Leon's Place is a boutique hotel situated in Via XX Settembre near the centre of Rome. We found it to be the perfect location as we were near enough to walk everywhere easily but a little further out of the city centre so it was more peaceful at night. 

The hotel isn't far from the main attractions with the Trevi Fountain a 20 minute walk away and the Colosseum about half an hour of walking. We actually walked everywhere from the hotel (except Vatican City) which saved us a lot of money and allowed us to explore and wander around the beautiful streets of Rome and discover new places which in my opinion, is the best way to see Rome. 

We didn't realise until we arrived that the hotel is near many embassies. Don't be alarmed to see armed guards outside many buildings! We were surprised at first until we realised why, which then made us feel at ease knowing that we were staying in a safe and well protected area. 

Getting There

The hotel is about a 10 minute walk from Termini station after catching a train from the airport. What Google Maps doesn't tell you though it that dragging your suitcase along cobbled roads and streets in 37 degree heat isn't very fun and will probably take you a lot longer, more like 20-30 minutes. I was absolutely sweating by the time I arrived at the hotel and would highly recommend saving your energy and catching a cab instead. Much easier and less sweaty. 

First Impressions

When me and my suitcase survived and eventually arrived at the hotel (it's honestly a miracle), I thought I had walked into heaven.... AIR-CON!!! Yes, the first thing I noticed was the amazing air-conditioning which not all hotels in Rome have but is 100% essential if you are travelling in the summer months. Therefore, Leon's Place scored mega brownie points here!

Next thing I noticed was a swing attached to a chandelier hanging from the ceiling in the middle of the lobby. No I kid you not! And I have photos of me swinging like Sia singing 'Chandelier' to prove it! Perfect Instagram opportunity or what...


Honestly the decor is stunning at Leon's Place, modern but with traditional elements which is my favourite combination. It felt less like a hotel and more like a very stylish home which I enjoyed immensely.

The Room

I was aware that room sizes in Rome are typically on the small size so I wasn't expecting much. To my surprise, the room was lovely and felt very spacious with a huge double bed and modern shower room to match.

It was perfect for our needs, I slept wonderfully and the grey/black/silver decor was right up my street so I felt very glamorous staying here.

The Facilities

The hotel bar looks very stylish and is worth having a nosey at. However, the prices for drinks were quite steep. €13 for a cocktail is very expensive but we did treat ourselves to a cocktail or two in the hotel courtyard which was very nice and peaceful. Also, the bar man was super friendly and gave us plenty or suggestions for restaurants and cafes to try nearby the hotel.

Not many hotels in Rome offer a pool but Leon's Place did offer some spa facilities including a jacuzzi which we took full advantage of after one particularly long day of sightseeing. As it is a shared facility, you may need to wait a while but once we got in the jacuzzi, it was utter bliss. 

Our booking came with Bed & Breakfast which was very good. The food was buffet style but you could request food to be made such as toast or how you would like your eggs cooked. 

Overall...

I absolutely loved my stay at Leon's Place and would happily stay here again on my next visit to Rome. This boutique hotel was uber stylish yet affordable and in a convenient location to make for wonderful stay in Rome.

Top Tip: Outside this hotel is Gelateria La Romana, one of the best gelato shops in Rome. If the locals are willing to queue to get in, that's when you know it's going to taste amazing! 



Would you stay here if you came to Rome? Where have you stayed? If you enjoyed this post, please leave me a comment in the box below.

Suzanne x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig